.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 27, 2010

Macarons Pt. 2





Sweets rapeage is imminent.


So, some of those other macarons... didn't turn out as well xD

But, unlike the tries before the last batch, I know what I was doing wrong with these so hopefully next time they'll be better.

Tried to make red velvet ones, and mint chocolate ones. So for the red velvet, I was trying to use a recipe from the blog Delectable Deliciousness, except... I wasn't really following it xD I was just trying to remember it off the top of my head, and ended up using too much chocolate and failing. The shells turned out very porous and cookie-like, so they were obviously fail. (Tasted good as fawk, though.) Later on when they cooled off, I realized they seemed much more fragile, and the tops were chipping off and I dunno, the way they felt made me realize my mistake (the chocolate) and that if I had toned down a bit, they would've been actual macarons = u= lol

Then for the mint-chocolate ones... for those, I decided to make the shells regular, but green, and then let the filling be a minty-chocolate ganache. The shells actually were pretty good, the only problem was that... they ended up cracking ; w; I knew I was being a bit lazy (working 2-3+ hours on macaron shells -alone- can make you crazy), but I was trying my best to pop all the air bubbles while they dried, while trying to prepare the fillings. But I guess some of the bubbles didn't rise to the top like they usually do, and then in the oven they caused the shells to crack...

Not too bad though, half the shells were decent and had feet, the other half not so much.

As for the fillings, for the plain almond ones (and had I made the red velvet correctly) I made the cinnamon buttercream, which was sooooo good * w* and so rich, it tasted amazinggggg. For the green I was going to make a mint-chocolate ganache but... the ganache didn't come out right :/ I forget where I got the recipe from, but I followed the instructions but it never came out how it was supposed to. That's a problem I have with some cooking blogs, they like to exclude the actual process out, and just note the important stuff when it's an irregular flavor. So the ganache came out like soup...

I had plenty of cinnamon buttercream left over after filling all the regular shells, so then I started to experiment with the lol soup and the cinnamon buttercream, with extra unsweetened chocolate powder just in case, and I spent another hour or two trying to get -that- flavor right x_x It was really hard, and at the end I was still a bit uncertain, because the mint pretty much jacked up my tastebuds, and both the mint extract -and- the unsweetened chocolate kept giving me a bad aftertaste so it was really hard to figure out if it's good or if it was off... I had my dinner in between to try and neutralize the taste in my mouth but it didn't help much = w=

I had Opi as a taste-tester and (no, he didn't die) when he said the buttercream tasted like chocolate but he couldn't taste the mint, I decided to just call it a day xD if they weren't minty, then at least they were nice and chocolatey, right? So I filled those green macarons, when I ran out of the chocolate I just filled the rest with the remainder of the cinnamon buttercream, and called it a night. All the good shells were paired together, and all the shitty shells had their own jacked up partner too xD



There's soooo many ways macarons can go wrong, but I'm glad that I'm picking up the wrongs so I can get more right for next time.

Both the cinnamon macaron, + the mint-chocolate one, + a retarded sandwich LOL that I made from the red velvet and the green shell = w= <3

The two better ones side by side. I reallyyyy didn't like how puffed up the green ones ended up as, so next time I'm definitely not going to be lax about it. I'll stab the crap out of those things until they're just as perfect as the other ones >w>

perfecttttt :3

ok >w>;;


DUUUUURPPPPPPPPPPP



That same night was the lunar eclipse, so once I was done, I ended up watching the moon. It was sooo romantic, blah. The way it turned red and everything...











First pic was aroundd.... 2am? the next 2:30am, next around 3:30, and then the last was around 4-4:30, when it was reappearing. Sucks that the third pic didn't come out as well... that's when it was like a blood red and it was so pretty ; w;




edit: oh yeah, so back to the mint-chocolate buttercream ones..... the next day when they were chilled I tried one, it tasted perfect :3 Chocolate with that refreshing minty feel. Mission accomplished! So glad it came out good. (I gave a friend a box of the macarons... before I tasted it >w>;; imagine if they were poisoned or something without me knowing lololo fail)


Shared the rest of them with the family on Christmas Eve, and they liked it :D (and my sister said to try and make them for her wedding.... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we'll see lol = w=)

Can't wait for me and Laura's birthday, we're planning to do a bunch of stuff together, and we might make a butttttload of macarons. So hopefully there will be another post in the near future xD


0 comments:

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~