.Amani

.Amani
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas presents~


Happy Holidays!

Christmas was pretty good, on Christmas Eve I worked in the morning and then I took a nap when I got home xD; Once I woke up my mom and siblings and nephew was there and we followed through with our usual family Christmas tradition-- eating a buttload of wurst, german potato salad with rolls, cookies (and macarons, since I had some left over), and then passing out the Christmas presents.

Unfortunately I didn't get anything for anyone for Christmas since I usually barely made 30-50 dollars a week, but sometime in January I'll be super late and give stuff out in return ♥

I really loved all of my presents though, from my mom, Cedelia, and Ramon :3 Especially the active wear I got, so I can finally stop going to yoga with like... PJs and shit xD



Black wash denim skirt

crapload of kneehighs xD

sweater dress <3>
Thermals that I seriously needed xD


black legwarmers


Lace otks


a pink romper :3

black tights



Aeropostale t-shirt + sweatsuit


Hollister top

and then from Omi x3 my new baby, a platnium pink-ish colored Canon Powershot SD1300 IS. Laura helped me pick this out and now I love it ; w; I CAN'T WAIT TO DECORATE IT

taken with my webcam xD durp


Then on Christmas Day, I ended up going to a friend's house. Pretty much after Christmas morning after the rest of the presents are opened, that's pretty much it xD and I wasn't really in the mood to be stuck inside the house on Christmas day..

Wearing the sweater mom gave, plus the black stockings + legwarmers +black boots. I had black leggings underneath rather than having that pattern show on my skin because it's way too cold for that ; ~; I'll do this outfit again when it's warmer or something.

lol posing.



What I've been pretty much doing lately--pretty simple, with the exception of more shimmery/glittery shadows. Working at Victoria's Secret made me have less patience in doing makeup, especially since I'm beginning to run out of things at home... I've been playing at the beauty rack for a bit too long though... totally going to get their stuff. (My makeup brushes are like useless when it comes to applying the eyeshadow though... no clue why e_e need new ones)



And then~ another Christmas wish come true was snow. Lots of freaking snow xD

I prayed for it and God made it happen... I just never expected it this deep xD Usually in NYC our snow doesn't get too high until the usual snowstorm around January-February. But it really DROPPED the day after Christmas. I was so happy xD

Figured I would dress in lolita, but then realized how high the snow actually was, and how retarded the idea was so I changed xD And helped shovel the stairs in the front.


The front of my house-- there were like 5-6 cars that were abandoned after getting stuck in the middle of the street... most of those cars were still there the next day until their owners were able to dig them out. Because there was a lottt of wind, the front of my house was like knee-length and ever over the knee in some spots xD It was madness.

Evidence

The side of my house wasn't as bad... more like calf-length, that is until people started shoveling. Some people decided to take it upon themselves to shovel their snow in front of our garage = A= So there's like this 6ft mound still sitting there.

I love the snow, but the only thing that really sucked was the sanitation dept. :/ People were concentrating on Manhattan~ Manhattan~ Money-making Manhattan~... but in the meantime the rest of the 4 boroughs were neglected. Like yes.. let's go ahead and make Manhattan clean for the businesses, but leave the actual WORKERS stranded with no place to go.

Like seriously... the first day, pretty much ALL the trains were out. The trains, the buses, nothing was working, not even cabs... and then the sanitation didn't even bother to plow anything. They said that they plowed maybe 60% of the main streets, and then 45% of the smaller streets... the side street has yet to be plowed :/ The bigger street (where all the cars were stuck at) was plowed... pretty much half-assed. Even after they "plowed" the snow? A home gas truck got stuck in the snow. And an access-a-ride.

And apparently someone on our block had died... not sure if they needed the ambulance or if they died of natural causes, but apparently the wife and son of the deceased guy were stuck with a dead body in their apartment for 27 hours :/ because no one was able to pick the body up. Which was absolutely ridiculous... meanwhile... you have Bloomberg talking about "lol chillax, go see a Broadway or something" as if 1) half the people in teh city can even travel to see a show and 2) as if we're all just as wealthy as his selfish ass. Just. asjkdbshns dbhsabssh ashdbass



Anyways... New Year's? I'm not doing anything. I got work tomorrow in the afternoon, and then after that I'm heading straight to church for the night. Now that my birthday is officially a month away, I'm trying to save as much as possible so I can get my birthday outfit sent over and all my birthday plans with Laura confirmed, paid for, done and over with ASAP.
More on that later xD


1 comments:

Phony said...

You are so cute!♥

Follow Me!

Follow on Bloglovin

Twitter~